Are we a part of Christ's sheep?

Some people gathered around him and said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name show who I am. But you don’t believe, because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never die, and no one can steal them out of my hand. My Father gave my sheep to me. He is greater than all, and no person can steal my sheep out of my Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.” (John 10:24-30 NCV)

"Because you are not my sheep" Jesus told them. This really struck me, and then it made me question, am I a part of Christ's sheep? If I am a part of Christ's sheep then Jesus said "no person can steal my sheep out of my Father's hand". How often though do we give our thoughts to the Enemy? So often it seems (speaking from experience) that it's not even something we think about. But "My sheep listen to my voice". Christ calls us back during those moments! Will we join his sheep though when he comes out looking for us? Christ knows us. He knows our heart. Will we follow him though? The Enemy's trap is smooth but all he is is a lie. So do we wish to become a lie as well? Do we wish to give the devil a foothold? Christ is calling for us. He is calling us back into a new way of thinking! One where we do not even give a second thought to the temptation of the Enemy. We do not even hesitate to turn our thoughts immediately toward Christ & first seek His Kingdom. Turn your eyes upon Jesus. "He is greater than all" the lies presented before us & his voice is truth. Always turn to Him. You know his voice, you are his sheep. With the eternal life he gives you no one will take you from His hand. 

How will you improve the present moment?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth in a Dark Time